[DRBD-user] Quotacheck problem with drbd

Diego Julian Remolina dijuremo at ibb.gatech.edu
Tue Mar 8 13:59:34 CET 2005

Hi,

First let me say that drbd setup is really easy and works great.  I have two
machines running RHEL 4 with drbd and heartbeat just fine.  I am currently
running samba and trying to implement NFS4 with sec=krb5p support on them.

I found a problem with quota support and was wondering if this is a known issue.
My drbd device is mounted in /export as shown below:

[root at arwen export]# mount | grep drbd
/dev/drbd0 on /export type ext3 (rw,usrquota,grpquota)

If I stop drbd, mount the physical device /dev/sda6 on /export and run
quotacheck, then the command succeeds and the files aquota.user and aquota.group
get updated correctly.  However, when I am using drbd, I run quotacheck and it
fails as shown:

root at arwen export]# quotacheck -u -g -m /export
quotacheck: Something weird happened while scanning. Error 2133571361
[root at arwen export]# quotacheck -v -u -g -m /export
quotacheck: Scanning /dev/drbd0 [/export] quotacheck: Something weird happened
while scanning. Error 2133571361

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Diego