[DRBD-user] HA-NFS & drbd

Brett Bolen hbbolen at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 2 15:03:02 CET 2005

I would like to run High-Availability NFS on top of drbd, as in the
drbd.org articles.

What will happen when the first device fails, and the secondary
takes over?  Will I lose uncommitted data from the nfs clients?
Will by apps need to be restarted ( if they have files open).

What if my home directory is on the NFS filesystem?  Will
I need to logout and login again?

Does /var/lib/nfs in a shared directory take care of these things?
I've seen cases where the file system goes away ( without drbd),
but the nfs clients continue to operated as if there was a
file system ( nfs caching?).

Thanks
   brett bolen

--