[DRBD-user] DRBD installation problems

Patrick Jaromin Patrick at JGSullivan.com
Tue Mar 1 15:51:10 CET 2005

If you choose to use the "internal" metadata device, the correct index
is -1.

> More (not all) info on meta data file sizes and use can be found in the
> man
> page for drbdsetup: "man drbdsetup" works on my PC under RH9.
>
> Finally, after the drbdsetup command above, I issue:
>
>    root# mkfs -b 3072 /dev/drbd0
>
>    root# cd /; mkdir /data
>
>    root# mount /dev/drbd0 /data
>
>    root# chmod 777 /data
>
> After these commands, I add "/etc/init.d/drbd   start" to my rc.local

I would suggest not putting the startup in the rc.local file. This would
require you to add any future services that rely on drbd to the rc.local
file as well.

I've set mine up S11 in all run levels (just after networking on CentOS 2.1.