[DRBD-user] Sync slow with drbd 0.7.11 and linux 2.6.11

Tilo Kaltenecker Tilo.Kaltenecker at intraconnect.de
Thu Jul 21 16:02:02 CEST 2005

Hi,

I have two 2.6.11 systems with LSI Logic SATA Raid Controller and drbd 0.7.11.
When setup the first node as the primary node and sync it to the second node, it
runs 40-50 MBit/sec over the gigabit-connection (crossover).
I have tested the network and disk bandwidth by doing nfsmount and copy a big file
and I get 600 MBit/sec.

Here the drbd.conf:
resource r0 {

  protocol B;
 startup {
    wfc-timeout  60;
    degr-wfc-timeout 60;
  }

  disk {
    on-io-error   detach;
  }

  net {
     timeout       60;    #  6 seconds  (unit = 0.1 seconds)
     connect-int   10;    # 10 seconds  (unit = 1 second)
     ping-int      10;    # 10 seconds  (unit = 1 second)
     max-buffers    4096;
     max-epoch-size  1024 ;
    on-disconnect reconnect;

  }