[DRBD-user] write performance for DRBD devices seems to be slow

Lars Ellenberg Lars.Ellenberg at linbit.com
Wed Jul 20 16:18:05 CEST 2005

/ 2005-07-20 20:23:20 +0800
\ Warren Beldad:
> Here is my new results with both max-buffers and max-epoch-size set to
> maximum. If i was right this is:
> max-buffers 131072;
> max-epoch-size 20000;

nobody said that _maximum_ is _optimal_.

optimal values to reduce latency may be small(ish) values here.
optimal values for maximum throughput may be large(ish) values here.

tuning drbd depends to a large degree on the network and attached
storage, and is sometimes very hard to do, since you may have to tune
each component by itself.

> Seems nothings has changed. These two parameters, max-buffer and
> max-epoch-size is under the net section which as i understand is for
> the network configurations, based on the manual, the size of the tcp
> socket send buffer, etc. I think this may not affect the performance
> on the raw device if i am right.

what do you call "raw device" here?

cheers,