[DRBD-user] Sendmail and drbd config question

Todd Denniston Todd.Denniston at ssa.crane.navy.mil
Tue Jul 19 23:16:04 CEST 2005

Diego Julian Remolina wrote:

<SNIP>

> > If you do some sort of VM failover then thati could take care of the
> > queue running.
> >
> > Other than that I see no obvious reason not to make the setup as
> > symetrical as possible.  Run sendmail simlutaneously on the two servers.
> > If you need drbd'ed local delivery, then deliver by nfs to maildir
> > from the secondary.  Make a decision about syslogging. Anything else ?
>

> > What parameters do you want to make different?
>
> When secondary is running by itself, I want to be able to send e-mail out to
> get reports from things like cron, logwatch, etc, which does not work unless
> sendmail is running with at least the default config.

<SNIP>
I don't know sendmail well, but was wondering could you have a sendmail
setup for both machines that would get the email sent out of the box, i.e.
it would have an alias list for local users that was pointing to the DNS
name of your mail hub, and run a second sendmail process under heartbeat
control which would do all the normal reception from outside of the box,
i.e. as the mail hub?
It would of course mean you would have to maintain two config files as well.

--
Todd Denniston