[DRBD-user] Sendmail and drbd config question

Diego Julian Remolina dijuremo at ibb.gatech.edu
Tue Jul 19 20:49:48 CEST 2005

Is anybody already running sendmail on top of drbd?  If so, I would like to
know if you configured sendmail to run with two separate configuration files
depending on whether the machine is primary or secondary.

The issue I found is that sendmail needs to run with a minimal config file,
say the the default one (the default works on RHEL4) so that it can at least
send cron e-mails when the machine is acting as drbd secondary.  When the
machine becomes primary then it should stop sendmail running with minimal
configuration and start sendmail with the domain configuration.  Are there
any other suggestions on how to do this?

I am currently running sendmail with the mimedefang milter, checking viruses
with clamd and tagging spam with spamassassin and then deliverying mail to
Cyrus imapd.  All of these services are started through heartbeat on the
haresources file.

Diego