[DRBD-user] Re: SuSE 9.3 claims DRBD 0.8.0

Gokalp Cakici gokalp at pusula.net.tr
Tue Jul 19 00:13:02 CEST 2005

Jason Joines wrote:
>    I just installed the SuSE 9.3 supplied RPM of DRBD.  It claims to be
> version 0.8.0:
> :~> rpm -qi drbd
> Name        : drbd                         Relocations: (not relocatable)
> Version     : 0.8.0                             Vendor: SUSE LINUX
> Products GmbH, Nuernberg, Germany
> Release     : 3                             Build Date: Mon 21 Mar 2005
> 12:20:48 PM CST
> Install date: Mon 18 Jul 2005 12:58:12 PM CDT      Build Host:
> salieri.suse.de
> Group       : Productivity/Clustering/HA    Source RPM:
> drbd-0.8.0-3.src.rpm
> Size        : 187290                           License: GPL
> Signature   : DSA/SHA1, Mon 21 Mar 2005 12:39:22 PM CST, Key ID
> a84edae89c800aca
> Packager    : http://www.suse.de/feedback
> URL         : http://www.drbd.org/
> Summary     : Distributed Replicated Block Device
> Description :
> Drbd is a distributed replicated block device. It mirrors a block
> device over the network to another machine. Think of it as networked
> raid 1. It is a building block for setting up clusters.
>
>    The drbd.org web site lists 0.7.11 as the latest and states that
> nothing in the 0.8.x series has been released.  Anyone know what version
> this really is?  I'm wondering if I should use it or get 0.7.11 from
> drbd.org.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jason Joines
http://www.drbd.org/download.html

Note: Though SuSE 9.3 comes with "drbd-0.8.0-3", as of this writing
there is no such thing officially released, yet. This SuSE package is
based on development code, so if you have any problems, performance or
other, don't even ask. Just use one of the official LinBit packages, see
below.