[DRBD-user] (no subject)

Lars Ellenberg Lars.Ellenberg at linbit.com
Thu Jul 14 18:30:21 CEST 2005

/ 2005-07-14 16:35:53 +0200
\ Cliff Simon:
> Sorry for the duplicate post. I already wrote to drbd-devel
>

> Hello,
>
> i´m trying to get drbd on the run but i had a problem.
> I cannot find any solution in the web or the mailinglist.
>
> Drbd is running complete - it syncs at startup but here it stops.
>
> If i copy a file to the primary after startup, there is no
> modification on the secondary. The connection between the nodes is up:
> cat /proc/drbd
> version: 0.7.10 (api:77/proto:74)
> SVN Revision: 1743 build by phil at mescal, 2005-01-31 12:22:07
>  0: cs:Connected st:Secondary/Primary ld:Consistent
>     ns:0 nr:499968 dw:499968 dr:0 al:0 bm:62 lo:0 pe:0 ua:0 ap:0
>  1: cs:Unconfigured
>
> The other system has the same entry except "Primary/Secondary"

that it perfectly fine and expected.
normal operation mode.

> Another question is - why do i have two entries in /proc/drbd (0 and 1)?
> What are these two entries for?
> Are these the severeal resources (i only have one configured)?

yes.

> Is there a switch somewhere for activate the continuously syncing?

it _is_ already.
if it says "SyncTarget" or something like that, and show some sort of
progress bar, it is in degraded mode still, and tries to resynchronise
changes which happend while the cluster was disconnected or one node was
down (or, during the initial full sync).

please, try to read and understand the documentation first.  if you
don't find it, or don't understand it, or don't find it convincing, or
find it confusing, say so, and we will try to improve on that.