[DRBD-user] DRBD - stop boot process

Lars Ellenberg Lars.Ellenberg at linbit.com
Mon Jul 11 16:11:37 CEST 2005

/ 2005-07-11 15:37:53 +0200
\ Lars Marowsky-Bree:
> On 2005-07-11T15:35:12, Lars Ellenberg <Lars.Ellenberg at linbit.com> wrote:
>
> > > Maybe there should be. An automated switch-over to the still-syncing
> > > node means that a failure of the former primary & syncsource during that
> > > time window will cause the SyncTarget to panic, at least, which isn't
> > > all that nice ;-)
> > well, the new heartbeat can handle that,
> > of course, and won't try to make a synctarget primary,
> > is it not?
>
> Yes, and the new heartbeat will drive drbd 0.8, but this is heartbeat
> 1.x + drbd 0.7 ;-)

which is not a problem, as long as you do not auto-failback
(you should not with drbd and heartbeat 1.x).
unless you have a complete cluster crash, _and_ both nodes come back at
the same time, _and_ have loads to sync, _and_ heartbeat decides to make
the synctarget primary, _and_ then the dungeon collapses again.
which is unlikely.

but yes, if you (thats all of you out there...) really think you want
this, we code it into the scripts, drbdadm, and drbd.conf.

cheers,