[DRBD-user] DRBD - stop boot process

Stephan Rattai srattai at zmnh.uni-hamburg.de
Mon Jul 11 14:31:04 CEST 2005

I would have to ask why you would want that. If you have a secondary node
coming up again, heartbeat will do no harm as it will not try to take your
unsynced resource primary (except if you use the auto_failback option).

The drbd and heartbeat startscripts normally get run as boot scripts. It is
not drbds task to worry about the heartbeat start. The processing of the
resource-scripts within heartbeat following drbd *could* be interrupted by
the drbd resource-script eg when heartbeat tries to take an inconsistent node
primary. But: as far as I know there is a bug in heartbeat which prevents it
from stopping the processing of the following scripts if one of the proceding
returns a error.

If you really need it, why don't you take heartbeat out of your runlevel and
replace it by a script which checks for a running sync and waits for it to
finish before starting heartbeat.

Regards

Stephan