[DRBD-user] Re: Some questions about drbd

Chris Paulson-Ellis chris at edesix.com
Wed Jul 6 17:50:06 CEST 2005

Philipp Reisner wrote:
> But, we will continue to maintain, and develop it, actually
> drbd-8 is around the corner...

I've asked this before, but are there plans to move the code into the
mainline kernel? This would increase user confidence & potentially
increase the developer base, with the possible cost of a reduction in
the level of your control over the code.

In answer to original question:

I really wouldn't worry about this issue. The code is a critial part of
the Linux-HA architecture which is so widely adopted that it is likely
to be picked up by someone else if Philipp/Linbit were to meet an
unfortunate end (heaven forbid :-).

Regards,
Chris.