[DRBD-user] Re: Running root on DRBD

Lars Ellenberg lars.ellenberg at linbit.com
Sat Jan 29 07:51:14 CET 2005

On Sat, Jan 08, 2005 at 06:21:48PM +0100, Per Jessen wrote:
> Per Jessen wrote:
>
> > David wrote:
> >
> >> Hi all,
> >> Is it possible to run the root filesystem on DRBD?
> >
> > See openssi.org.
>
> In particular: http://openssi.org/docs/rh/README.drbd.shtml

note that I know of no one that has openssi and drbd working.
the drbd.tar mentioned on that page last time I looked closely was based
on some drbd-0.7-pre-something, which will more or less silently corrupt
your data. since they did not explicitly state which cvs or svn revision
it is based on, getting a proper diff ossi-drbd <-> plain drbd is cumbersome.

so what ever was necessary to make it work^W load with ossi kernel is
not easily seen and neither forward ported. I got the impression that
who ever was working on drbd integration got distracted by other things.

I may be wrong of course, and they might have improved since I last
checked, and it does work. if so, I'd love to hear some confirmation
from someone actually running such a beast.

	Lars Ellenberg