[DRBD-user] Re: [DRBD-announce] drbd-0.7.9.tar.gz has severe bug!

Lars Marowsky-Bree lmb at suse.de
Thu Jan 27 11:14:10 CET 2005

On 2005-01-27T13:04:20, Cyril Bouthors <cyril at bouthors.org> wrote:

> > Please do not use drbd-0.7.9, it has a memory corruption bug. Please
> > continue to use drbd-0.7.8 for the meantime. Latest with the release of
> > Linux-2.6.11 there will be a new DRBD release (0.7.10), that will work
> > with that kernel.
>
> S?*t.  I've just uploaded it to Debian. :(
>
> I'll try to remove it.

It's only dangerous for 2.6.10-ac or the kernels which have the
corresponding bugfix in __bio_clone() (which exposes the bug in drbd).
OTOH, drbd 0.7.8 crashes on those kernels anyway.

There's also a small workaround for that in drbd SVN already, so if you
pull the latest and push it upstream instead, you don't have to remove
the previous submission, just overwrite it.

Sincerely,
    Lars Marowsky-Brée <lmb at suse.de>

--
High Availability & Clustering