[DRBD-user] Creating a drbd1 device....

Robert robert at estrell.com
Wed Jan 26 07:16:26 CET 2005

I am using drbd 0.7.2 for a while now and it was running pretty
good...
until I decided to add another Hardrive, hdb1. It is just a 200G
 Hardrive.

I fdisked the hard drive using fdisk /dev/hdb
then I created one partition.../dev/hdb1 for the whole intire
disk...

after the partition was created, I did a mkfs -t ext3 /dev/hdb1

then here is the part I am not sure about...
I created the /dev/drbd1 by using

drbdsetup /dev/drbd1 disk /dev/hdb1 internal -1

I have seen this before on some post but couldn't find the
explanation
about the "-1" thing..

After I have done that..I made the /dev/drbd1 and mounted it...
The problem I have is that when the disk /dev/drbd1 is being filled
up with data, when it has about 99GB of data, it wouldn't allow me to
write anymore to the disk! I read somewhere that well, maybe
 the /dev/drbd1
has a different size than the /dev/hdb1 etc etc...

what is the step by step in creating a proper /dev/hdb1 and the
 proper /dev/drbd1?

thanks,

Robert