[DRBD-user] Re: Oops after upgrading kernel

Helmut Wollmersdorfer helmut.wollmersdorfer at gmx.at
Sat Jan 22 11:43:49 CET 2005

Lars Marowsky-Bree wrote:

> Ah damn, so drbd is also affected by this. This is a recent semantic
> change in the bio handling which is also present in 2.6.10-ac10 and up.

> The cause is probably in drbd_actlog.c:_drbd_md_sync_page_io(), where a
> bio is allocated on the stack and then initialized via bio_init(),
> instead of being allocated as a struct bio * via bio_alloc().

Hmm ... I wanted to upgrade from Kernel 2.6.8 to 2.6.10 because of the
30% performance downgrade of my IDE/UDMA HDDs since upgrade from Kernel
2.4. Does this mean, that I should wait?

BTW: Does anybody know, if these performance problems
http://kerneltrap.org/node/2251 of 2.6.x are solved? Since which Version?

Helmut Wollmersdorfer