[DRBD-user] DRBD and lvm2.

Trey Palmer trey at isye.gatech.edu
Wed Jan 19 18:43:01 CET 2005

I really could use some help with LVM and drbd, if anyone has
any advice.

How dependable is LVM2 on top of drbd considered to be?

I had this set up, but could not get it to fail over.   One physical
volume just couldn't be recognized by the secondary.   LVM could find
it on the underlying SCSI devices, though.   I'm not sure what the
problem was.

Does anyone have failover working reliably for a large setup
(multiple TB) with LVM on top of drbd?

I have no problem with putting drbd on top of LVM, especially now that
resize works in 0.7.8.   However, it yields much worse nfs server
performance -- at least in my testing so far.

Trey Palmer     Systems Development Engineer     trey at isye.gatech.edu
Georgia Tech Industrial and Systems Engineering          404-385-3080