[DRBD-user] Question regarding drbdsetup options

campbellm at cia.com.au campbellm at cia.com.au
Thu Jan 13 04:38:59 CET 2005

Hi,

We are running DRBD 0.7.7 and I reconfigured the DRBD setup that we had
running (changed the mount point for the first DRBD device, and added a
second DRBD device). I re-ran drbdsetup ('drbdsetup /dev/drbd0 primary
--do-what-I-say') on the primary (as per the quick-start guide, but kept
getting:

ioctl(,SET_STATE,) failed: No such device or address
Device not configured

The only way I could get it to work was:

'drbdsetup /dev/drbd0 disk /dev/sda9 internal  -1'

I presume the first command failed because I didn't have a lower level
device configured but it worked fine when I initially set the machine
up. I couldn't find the '-1' option in the drbdsetup man page. Can
anyone tell me what this value means?

Cheers,

campbell