[DRBD-user] Syncing while booting doesn't block bootup

Benjamin Mueller news at akula.ch
Mon Jan 10 21:29:28 CET 2005

Hi folks

I have the problem if the primary node goes down and comes up after some
time, the sync of the two nodes doesn't block the bootup-procedure of
the upcoming primary node. Heartbeat tries then to mount the disk, even
though the sync hasn't been finished.

Afterward my config-files.

thanks for your help
ben

drbd.conf:
resource r0 {
~  protocol C;
~  incon-degr-cmd "echo '!DRBD! pri on incon-degr' | wall ; sleep 60 ;
halt -f";

~  startup {
~    degr-wfc-timeout 120;    # 2 minutes.
~  }

~  disk {
~    on-io-error   detach;
~  }

~  net {
~  }

~  syncer {
~    rate 100M;
~    group 1;
~    al-extents 257;
~  }

~  on calvin {
~    device     /dev/drbd0;
~    disk       /dev/hda3;
~    address    10.0.0.100:7788;
~    meta-disk  internal;
~  }

~  on hobbes {
~    device     /dev/drbd0;
~    disk       /dev/hda3;
~    address    10.0.0.101:7788;
~    meta-disk  internal;
~  }
}

ha.cf:
debugfile /var/log/ha-debug
logfile /var/log/ha-log
logfacility     local0
keepalive 2
deadtime 30
warntime 10
initdead 120
udp     eth0
node calvin
node hobbes

haresources:

calvin  10.0.0.50/24       drbddisk::r0 \
Filesystem::/dev/drbd0::/shared::ext3 mysql apache

- --
This workstation is powered by Gentoo Linux (http://www.gentoo.org)

My GnuPG-Public-Key: http://www.akula.ch/bm_pub.asc