[DRBD-user] Gigabit Cards and Sync Rate Help

dhz_bf at walla.co.il dhz_bf at walla.co.il
Mon Jan 3 16:11:51 CET 2005

I am using a broadcom gigabit NIC and a gigabit switch and I get a sync rate of ~10KBytes/Sec at best.  The problem is not with the NIC.

BTW, I suggest upgrading the drbd version.  Even if you remain with the 0.6 release (and I still use the 0.6 release), you can still upgrade to 0.6.12 or to 0.6.13.  Perhaps the newer version will improve the performance.

Doron

<scrasher21212121 at hotmail.com>
[DRBD-user] Gigabit Cards and Sync Rate Help

We have two servers connected together by Intel Pro 1000 Gigabit ethernet
cards connected with a Cat6 crossover. ive configured net on both drbd
(version: 0.6.1-pre18 (api:61/proto:62)) boxes as follows:

        net {
                sync-rate=60M
                tl-size=5000
                timeout=60
                connect-int=10
                ping-int=10
        }

Yet during syncs the sync only occurs at about 6M. Does anyone have any idea
why this might not be working?

Thanks,
Joe