[DRBD-user] make error message?

Jeff Buck jeffb at umci.com
Mon Feb 21 19:10:44 CET 2005

Is there any specific reason you're going with 0.7.0 ??? The current
stable version is 0.7.10 I think.. There are a number of bug fixes since
0.7.0 that I'm sure you'll want.. Maybe even one that keeps things from
compiling properly with newer kernels.

That said, it seems that most peoples problems setting up drbd from the
start usually stem from having a running kernel that is not *completely*
identical to the kernel source tree. A lot of distros ship multiple
kernels (smp, optimized for a certain processor etc.) but only one
source tree. For best results compile your kernel from source with the
options that fit your machine best, then compile drbd after a reboot to
your new kernel.

Your error probably has to do with your old version of drbd though. The
2.6 kernels are a bit of a moving target for externally maintained
modules, and it doesn't look like that's going to change anytime soon
either.