[DRBD-user] question about how DRBD works

Huang David david_huang at proware.com.tw
Wed Feb 16 02:33:23 CET 2005

Hello

could I ask some questions about how DRBD works?

According to the reference, it says in protocol C, it is guaranteed
that after a (f)sync operation both devices are bit-for-bit identical.
Does it mean the next local write IO will be hold before the current
remote write IO operation completed? if the case is true, does it mean
primary and slave's data are identical ALL the time after the first
sync is completed? so i can see protocol C as a sync process  and
protocol A/B is async process?

sincerely

David Huang