[DRBD-user] How to remove metadata in drbd 7.xxx?

Bernd Schubert bernd-schubert at web.de
Thu Feb 10 00:24:06 CET 2005

Hello Marian,

> Thank you, but problem is that s command  'drbdadm invalidate target' can
> be used in connected state only and this problem I have when im trying to
> connect devices.

well, o.k. we also had this problem once. So follow this procedure:

1.) devices shall be disconnectd

2.) make the drbd resource on the system which has the correct data primary
and the other secondary

3.) connect the drbd resource

4.) now, invalidating the secondary should cause a full sync

As far as I remember, we did this kind of procedure. Though, I'm describing it
from my memory and I don't have any free drbd resource where I could test
this know.

Cheers,
 Bernd

--
Bernd Schubert
Physikalisch Chemisches Institut / Theoretische Chemie
e-mail: bernd.schubert at pci.uni-heidelberg.de