[DRBD-user] Drbd with RTL 8169

andreas.unterluggauer at orf.at andreas.unterluggauer at orf.at
Wed Feb 9 12:26:40 CET 2005

Hi Seki Lau,

> So, I think it may be my NIC problem. I would like to ask if any one
> of you are using NIC with chip realtex 8169. If your machine is using
> this chip, have you try to perform a full syn action without
> disconnect/reconnection? Or, does the file copy action go smooth when
> coping a large size (over Gbytes) files?

I had very bad experience with the realtec 8169. I didn't try it with
drbd, but I had a lot of troubles doing normal networking with this
cards (especially during transfers of a lot of files). I don't know if
the cause is the driver in the latest kernel, or if the hardware is
crap. I tried a lot of these cards in different hosts, with different
switches and with kernel 2.6.7, 2.6.8 and 2.6.9 (FC2 version). Some of
them didn't know their MAC-adresse after some reboots (very strange!).

cheers
andi