[DRBD-user] "drbd: Minor for /dev/nb0 (drbd0) not found in /proc/drbd"

paul-bennett at nc.rr.com paul-bennett at nc.rr.com
Thu Feb 3 18:10:33 CET 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: Lars Marowsky-Bree <lmb at suse.de>

> On 2005-02-03T10:41:34, paul-bennett at nc.rr.com wrote:
>
> > The kernel already had 0.7.3 built as a module. I managed (quite
> > accidentally) to install 0.6.6 on top of it -- a process made quite
> > seamless and free of apparent errors by the network-boot method used
> > to install the nodes.
>
> 0.7.3 however is pretty old and shouldn't be used any longer.

I don't, unfortunately, have any say in the policy that controls which versions are used. I have to use "straight out of the box" products, and the disk images that SLRS 8.1 builds use 0.7.3.

However (and here's where it gets fun), they don't seem to lay down drbdsetup or /etc/drbd.conf or any of the other tools, just the drbd.o module. I think I'm going to get SuSE to work on this issue, as it's my understanding that modules should either exist in full or not at all.

> What kernel version are you running this with?

2.4.21-204-POS_IBM

Thanks,

Paul