[DRBD-user] autofailback and version 2

Stephan Rattai srattai at zmnh.uni-hamburg.de
Thu Dec 29 12:01:34 CET 2005

auto_failback doesn't mean your secondary is taking over if the primary dies-
this is pretty much the main task of heartbeat. The meaning auf auto_failback
is different:

auto_failback off:

Node a: primary: dies
Node b: secondary: takes over, becomes primary.
End of the story, once node a has recovered you have to tell it to become
primary again, otherwise it will stay secondary.

auto_failback on:

Node a: primary: dies
Node b: secondary: takes over, becomes primary.
Node a: recovers and automatically becomes primary again.

You may wanna be careful about this option- if you didn't reboot node a on
purpose there might have been a reason it died so you may want to investigate
first.

Regards
Stephan