[DRBD-user] problem starting drbd over heartbeat

Diego Julian Remolina diego.remolina at ibb.gatech.edu
Wed Dec 21 22:24:22 CET 2005

This is actually incorrect:
> #############
> gamma6 IPaddr::192.168.24.10 drbd drbddisk::export Filesystem::/dev/drbd0::/usr/export::xfs
> #############

You should start drbd normally prior to heartbeat from /etc/init.d/drbd

In RedHat alikes use chkconfig to add drbd to the startup scripts if not
already there.  For example in mine it looks like:

[root at sauron export]# chkconfig --list | grep drbd
drbd            0:off   1:off   2:off   3:on    4:on    5:on    6:off

Then your haresources line should look like:
gamma6 IPaddr::192.168.24.10 drbddisk::export
Filesystem::/dev/drbd0::/usr/export::xfs

Note that I removed *drbd* from there.
Then at the end of the line you should list your highly available
services like samba, nfs, mail, apache, etc.  For example:

gamma6 IPaddr::192.168.24.10 drbddisk::export
Filesystem::/dev/drbd0::/usr/export::xfs smb nfs

The /etc/init.d/drbd starts drbd and connects the two machines.  Then
the drbddisk script on heartbeat decides which of the two machines
should be considered primary and which secondary.  Since you are trying
to use the drbd script from haresources, then it is running drbd start
on the primary but drbd stop on the secondary.

Diego