[DRBD-user] drbd-shares out of sync

Diego Julian Remolina diego.remolina at ibb.gatech.edu
Wed Dec 21 20:30:22 CET 2005

This means the node you are working on is not seeing the second computer
at all:

 > drbd1: Primary/Unknown --> Secondary/Unknown
 > drbd1: Secondary/Unknown --> Primary/Unknown

- Make sure drbd module is loaded on the second node
lsmod | grep drbd
- Make sure drbd is started on that node es well
/etc/init.d/drbd start
or whatever your startup script is.

If the above are truth and you still get /Unknown, then check your
network connections:

- Check your cables
- Make sure your network cards are configured to start on boot
If using any redhat like system then look in
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcg-ethX to make sure that it has:
ONBOOT=yes
IPADDR=X.X.X.X
NETMASK=X.X.X.X
- Make sure you can ping the IP of the other node's network card used
for drbd.
- Use nmap to see if the port is opened (Maybe you forgot to add a
permanent firewall rule to open the appropriate ports for your drbd
connection).
nmap -p [DRBD PORT NUMBER HERE] other_drbd_host_ip_address

If none of the above works then I am out of hints...

Hope this helps,

Diego