[DRBD-user] Detach and attach storage devices

Christian Volk volk.christian at netcom-sicherheitstechnik.de
Wed Dec 21 16:16:34 CET 2005

We are playing with the drbd 0.7.14 sollution atm.
We have 2 identical systems:
Systemdisk (/dev/hda1)
Testpartition on a seperate Disk (/dev/sda1)
Node1: /dev/drbd0
Node2: /dev/drbd0
Protocoll C
On-io-error detach

This is our initial-situation:

Node1:
Drbd
Connected Primary/Secondary Consistent

Node2:
Drdb
Connected Secondary/Primary Consistent

Now we make on node1:
# drbdadm detach all

Node1:
Drbd
Diskless Primary/Secondary Consistent

Node2:
Drdb
Connected Secondary/Primary Consistent

Everything is fine - Read- Write procedures are directed to Node2
Now I want to bring Node1 in Connected Primary/Secondary Inconsistent- mode,
so that it is able to synconize with Node2.
Is there a way to bring up node1´s harddisk again without doing a "drbdadm
down/up all"?

In short words:
detach all
attach all