[DRBD-user] DRBD and XEN

Lee LIsts lists at jave.dyndns.org
Mon Dec 12 10:32:12 CET 2005

Hi,

I'am trying to use DRBD with XEN 3.0, the xen kernel is an 2.6.12.6 and
i am using DRBD 0.7.14.
The primary node is an opensuse 10 linux (not virtualized).
The 2 volumes are LVM logical volumes with internal metadatas, there
size is 54G.

The secondary node is an opensuse 10 also but running over xen domain-0.

When i setup drbd, synchronisation starts, but the whole system just
reboots a few seconds after.

I don't know if the problem is xen or drbd related ? Unfornately I have
no traces on the xen node.

I set "ecbo 60 > /proc/sys/kernel/panic", but it doesn't seem to be a
kernel panic, but a "xen" panic.

Please help.

-
-
-
  syncer {
    # Limit the bandwith used by the resynchronisation process.
    # default unit is KB/sec; optional suffixes K,M,G are allowed
    #
    rate 4M;

    # All devices in one group are resynchronized parallel.
    # Resychronisation of groups is serialized in ascending order.
    # Put DRBD resources which are on different physical disks in one group.
    # Put DRBD resources on one physical disk in different groups.
    #
    group 1;

    # Configures the size of the active set. Each extent is 4M,
    # 257 Extents ~> 1GB active set size. In case your syncer
    # runs @ 10MB/sec, all resync after a primary's crash will last
    # 1GB / ( 10MB/sec ) ~ 102 seconds ~ One Minute and 42 Seconds.
    # BTW, the hash algorithm works best if the number of al-extents
    # is prime. (To test the worst case performace use a power of 2)
    al-extents 257;
  }

  on teddy {
    device     /dev/drbd0;
    disk       /dev/sysb/wtmp2;
    address    192.168.5.20:7788;
    meta-disk  internal;

    # meta-disk is either 'internal' or '/dev/ice/name [idx]'
    #
    # You can use a single block device to store meta-data
    # of multiple DRBD's.
    # E.g. use meta-disk /dev/hde6[0]; and meta-disk /dev/hde6[1];
    # for two different resources. In this case the meta-disk
    # would need to be at least 256 MB in size.
    #
    # 'internal' means, that the last 128 MB of the lower device
    # are used to store the meta-data.
    # You must not give an index with 'internal'.
  }

  on bear {
    device    /dev/drbd0;
    disk      /dev/xvg/wtmp2;