[DRBD-user] Kernel 2.6.13-15-default UPDATE per YOU to 2.6.13-15.7 ??

Diego Julian Remolina diego.remolina at ibb.gatech.edu
Thu Dec 8 17:01:22 CET 2005

I am attaching my Update notes.

Please note those notes are RHEL4 specific, but they should not be much
different to what you need to do on suse.

If anybody thinks I should change something on this procedure please let
me know.  I have used it several times with not issues.

If you do not use rpm -Fvh but rather rpm -e old-drbd then rpm -ivh
new-drbd then be carefull since /etc/drbd.conf gets saved as
/etc/drbd.conf.rpmsave (at least on RHEL).

Keep your old kernel in place.  When installing new kernel, do not use
rpm -Uvh.  Rather use rpm-ivh so that you have both kernels.  Since the
kernel versions are different, the drbd modules will be named different
and you can have drbd rpms for all kernels installed simultaneously.

If you have any questions about my procedure, e-mail me and I will be
happy to help.

HTH,

Diego