[DRBD-user] Drbd postgresql slave node problem

roberto ms robertoms2003 at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 26 21:52:12 CEST 2005

Hi,

I have an active/passive pc setup.

Everything works just fine, except for pgsql.

While the master computer is on, I am able to open postgresql.

However, if I make the other (slave) computer to be the primary one, I am
not able to start
postgres, because the ownership of its directories is changed.

I get following error: pg_ctl: could not open PID file
".../data/postmaster.pid": Permission
denied.

If I switch back to the master node, then I am able to start postgres.

It seems to me that DRBD is changing the ownership of postgresql directories
on
the slave node.

It looks like I am missing something, but I can´t figure it out.

I´m using slackware 10. There are no drbd error msg.

I´d appreciate any help.

Thanks.

Roberto Modesto.