[DRBD-user] Fresh DRBD installation

jlarrea at gadisa.es jlarrea at gadisa.es
Fri Aug 26 16:03:48 CEST 2005

-----drbd-user-bounces at lists.linbit.com escribió: -----

Para: drbd-user at lists.linbit.com
De: Lars Ellenberg <Lars.Ellenberg at linbit.com>
Enviado por: drbd-user-bounces at lists.linbit.com
Fecha: 26/08/2005 15:56
Asunto: Re: [DRBD-user] Fresh DRBD installation

/ 2005-08-26 15:46:31 +0200
\ jlarrea at gadisa.es:

argl.
don't use html in mail.
much less so in list mail.
html is for websites.

> I've been playing with DRBD for a while and now I want to set up a 'fresh
> installation' without having to reinstall the whole OS and software. I've
tried
> with drbdadm invalidate, with dd /dev/zero to the phisical device, mkfs,
and so
> on and I allways notice that the size of drbd partitions don't match the
real
> drive size. What can I do?

I don't quite understand your question, so I'll take a guess.
maybe you configured drbd0 on top of sda3 using internal meta data?

fdisk -s /dev/sda3  21567231
fdisk -s /dev/drbd0 21436159

drbd size is 128 MB smaller than sda3 size.
well, you configured drbd to use internal meta data.
that means, as documented in bold letter, that the last 128MB of the
lower level device are reserved for drbds meta data.
so the storage size exported to our users is obviously 128MB smaller.

does this answer your question?

No, the drbd device is smaller than physical because the replicated
computer has smaller drives, so, how can I remove that information?

: Schoenbrunner Str. 244, A-1120 Vienna/Europe   http://www.linbit.com: