[DRBD-user] usage of external meta-disk

David Huang david_huang at proware.com.tw
Thu Aug 25 15:20:51 CEST 2005

***********************
This mail has been scanned by InterScan MSS.

Hello

After all the problems I had with internal meta-disk, I've decided to use external option instead.
It works great so far, however, there is one problem.

I set meta-disk as meta-disk /dev/VG/drbd_meta_device[x], and x= 0 to 5. Say drbd_meta_device[0] was used by drbd0 device, now I like to delete drbd0 and make drbd1 to use drbd_meta_device[0]. When I drbdadm up drbd0 in both nodes, "/etc/drbd status" tells me drbd1 is Consistent, which suppose to be Inconsistent. The problem can be solved by making drbd1 to use a fresh new, unused drbd_meta_device[x].

I am wondering is there any way to clear up drbd_meta_device[0], so I can reuse it?

Have a good day

David Huang