[DRBD-user] DRBD Newbie - single node DRBD

Russell russell at resara.com
Wed Aug 24 23:07:25 CEST 2005

Hey! I'm not sure this is possible, but I want to run drbd (with
heartbeat) on a single node, so I can easily add the other node when I
get it.

 When I run drbdadm -- --do-what-I-say primary r0 , it makes the node
primary, and then, about 30 seconds later, something makes it secondary.
Then, 30 seconds later, it becomes primary again.  I'm not sure if this
is from heartbeat or drbd, but I'm pretty sure it is a drbd problem,

here are the relevant config files:

drbd.conf:
resource r0 {
        protocol C;
        incon-degr-cmd "echo '!DRBD! pri on incon-degr' | wall ; sleep
60 ; halt -f";
        startup {
                degr-wfc-timeout 30;
                wfc-timeout 30;
        }
        disk {
                on-io-error   detach;
        }
        net {
                on-disconnect   stand_alone;
        }
        syncer {
                rate 10M;
                group 1;
                al-extents 257;
        }
        on dsos-mastera {
                device /dev/drbd0;
                disk /dev/hda4;
                address 192.168.1.11:7788;
                meta-disk internal;
        }
        on dsos-masterb {
                device /dev/drbd0;
                disk /dev/hda4;
                address 127.0.0.28:7788;
                meta-disk internal;
        }
}

ha.cf:
bcast eth0
keepalive 2
warntime 10
deadtime 15
udpport 694
auto_failback off
node dsos-mastera
node dsos-masterb
logfile /var/log/heartbeat.log
ping 192.168.1.1
respawn hacluster /usr/lib/heartbeat/ipfail

haresources
dsos-mastera drbddisk::r0 Filesystem::/dev/drbd0::/data::ext3
192.168.1.10 nfs-common nfs-kernel-server