[DRBD-user] XFS with DRBD problem

Lars Ellenberg Lars.Ellenberg at linbit.com
Tue Aug 23 10:52:53 CEST 2005

/ 2005-08-23 12:04:32 +0800
\ David Huang:
> Hi DRBD users
>
> Does anyone have problem with DRBD on LVM2 and XFS (yes, I have to use
> XFS)? I use this combination on my system. Sometimes DRBD works
> fine,but sometimes I am unable to mount the drbd device or the LVM
> device after replication. Sometimes I am able to mount the filesystem,
> however the contains are lost.
>
> The filesystem can be fixed by xfs_repair most of time. xfs_repair
> always say that the superblock is broken (or damaged? forgot the
> correct term). I think it is a quite serious issue.

since we know people are using it successfully since over a year in not
too small production environments, I'm very confident that whatever
weirdness you see is not drbds fault.

1. make sure you use at least 8K stack size in your kernel.
2. make sure you use a 2.6.12.4 or later kernel.
   (the bio-clone data corruption issue)
3. make sure you use recent lvm and xfs and whatnot tools.

>  The attachment is the kernel messages. Any helps and suggestions are welcome.

sorry, no time for that, right now...
but one thing is strange from a glance:
sometimes I see
> XFS mounting filesystem drbd1
                         ^^^^^^^

then I see
> XFS mounting filesystem dm-5
                         ^^^^^^

and I recommend to explicitly specify the file system type,
to avoid mounts guessing heuristics:
> FAT: Unrecognized mount option "usrquota" or missing value

cheers,