[DRBD-user] full freeze on sync

Lars Ellenberg Lars.Ellenberg at linbit.com
Mon Aug 22 09:45:40 CEST 2005

/ 2005-08-20 09:26:29 -0300
\ Flavio Caetano:
> Hi, even removing that line it still freeze..
>
> ps: it doesn't freeze after 60 seconds of sync, it freezes when sync reachs
> exactly 47%
>
> > >Talking with the kernel peoples in kernelnewbies they suggest me enable
> > > some options for kernel debug, but none of them show me any info before
> > > freeze...
> > >
> > >"talk with drbd peoples!" they said, so I'm trying again! hehe

well.
without any info, we cannot tell anything either.
so this is just the blame game: who comes last takes the blame.

I'd say it is hardware, if it was drbd, why would it be only you?

but...
you could try
  to add explicit sync groups to your config.
  to change the drbd protocol
  to run an UP kernel on your smp box,
  to tcpdump the connection "tcpdump ... -s0 -xX"
    and see if there is something suspicious.
  do some other weird things

and see if it changes anything.  if it disappears with the change, and
you can reproduce it without the change, we might get a clue.