[DRBD-user] Isn't the support contract rather expensive?

Lars Ellenberg Lars.Ellenberg at linbit.com
Mon Aug 22 09:32:00 CEST 2005

> >anyone has a suggestion for how we can improve on
> >beeing supported for drbd?
> >

> I just looked at the price and it's seems to be incredibly expensive.
> For one thing, it seems that duration of the contracts is for three
> months. That in of itself is odd. Who wants support for such a short
> period? Aren't most contracts a year?

Thanks for the input, I'll escalate that to sales.
In any case, I'd like to hear some other voices on the matter, too.
This could be an interessting discussion.
And probably in the interesst of the drbd user comunity, too.

A word to your examples:
as you mention yourself, they _sell_ their software (or licenses),
and in addition they offer support.
Since drbd is GPL, people only pay for it if they have problems,
or special demands.  If we got some money for every usage of drbd, ...