[DRBD-user] Query regarding inconsistent drbd status.

Varun Menghani varun.menghani at airtightnetworks.net
Fri Aug 19 10:40:48 CEST 2005

Hi,
We're using heartbeat and drbd to impliment High-Availability, The
machines om which HA is setup have 2 interfaces, one used as a HA
interface and the other being the network interface. Heartbeat is
configured to broadcast heartbeats on both the interfaces. However, when
the devices are in a consistent state, and the HA interface goes down,
the drbd status on the devices changes from Primary/Secondary to
Primary/Unknown on the primary device and from Secondary/Primary to
Secondary/Unknown on the secondary device. (The heartbeat is still being
exchanged through the other interface.)
My query is that even though there is no takeover, why do both the
devices show each other in the Unknown state?
Regards,
Varun.
--
Varun Menghani <varun.menghani at airtightnetworks.net>