[DRBD-user] Using RAM drives withing DRBD

Lars Ellenberg Lars.Ellenberg at linbit.com
Wed Aug 17 10:20:14 CEST 2005

/ 2005-08-17 08:56:05 +0200
\ Frans Grotepass:
> > consider netboot and nfs root and nfs mounted dirs.
> > it may be possible to export ram (think tmpfs) as nfs.
> > you then can consolidate things on the server and copy
> > what you consider important to stable storage.
>
> Well, I am looking at ssync as an alternative. The last time I used nfs was in
> '99(*) and then it was a pretty messy approach when the network or server
> went down. With an embedded system, the last thing you really want is the (I
> guess old style by now) nasty NFS disconnect behaviour.

well, your nfs server is of course a drbd/heartbeat cluster :)
if you configure it nicely, you get transparent failover.
I think many people on this list have similar setups and are willing to
help and encourage you
... and you can write a decent drbd+nfs howto from
your experience, and contribute it back ... ;->