[DRBD-user] check_drbd version 0.3

Igor Genibel igor at jexiste.org
Thu Aug 11 09:48:43 CEST 2005

* Poyner, Brandon <bpoyner at ccac.edu> [2005-08-10 09:02:03 -0400]:

> It would probably be better to use the check_by_ssh plugin to call your
> plugin, instead of rolling ssh into your plugin.  check_by_ssh has all
> the options you need regarding timeouts, identities, and the like.

The problem with check_by_ssh is to deploy all the plugins on the target
host. For our purpose we do not want this. That's why the ssh part is
embedded into the plugin.

> I think most people checking remote resources choose from the options of
> nrpe, nsca, snmp, and check_by_ssh.

Yes, you are right but this plugin is the plugin we use. Everyone can adapt
it to his environment :)

Cheers.
--
Igor Genibel
«Non bene pro toto libertas venditur auro»