[DRBD-user] DRBD 0.7.10 and Gentoo

Bryce Porter bryce at oicgroup.net
Wed Aug 10 22:25:24 CEST 2005

Hello all,

I have three DRBD resources recently configured (and working well I
might add), but when I reboot either one of the slave or master node in
my failover cluster (just for testing purposes), it seems DRBD doesn't
come back up correctly.

First, I have to manually drbdadm resource up for each of the three
resources. Then (if operating on the master node), I have to manually
drbdadm resource primary for each resource (and no, "all" works in
neither of these cases).

Moreover, I have to manually re-create the block device files in /dev
for my resources as it seems when the module is removed before the box
reboots, it nukes them.

Once I get all of the manual steps done, everything seems to work
smoothly on both boxes again.

Is this a known issue? Also, I know 0.7.11 is out, but it is masked on
Gentoo, meaning that the Gentoo developers have not thoroughly tested
it. Would it fix these issues, and is it stable enough for a production
environment?

If anyone needs any more details on it, please let me know. For what
it's worth, both boxes are completely identical Athlon64's.

Thank you in advance.

Cheers,
Bryce Porter