[DRBD-user] Invalidate - me too!

Lars Ellenberg Lars.Ellenberg at linbit.com
Wed Aug 10 11:06:16 CEST 2005

/ 2005-08-09 15:51:58 -0600
\ Dan Cunningham:
> So last night my server started doing the same thing!  We have a 1.5 TB
> array (80% utilized) and noticed some users were getting permisioned
> denied messages accessing certin directories, including the root user.
> We have the same reiser error in the message log each time someone tries
> to access one of the corrup folders.  I actually disconnected the
> secondary this weekend, expecting to do some work on it, I don't think
> thats the problem, but what I am wondering is if I reconnect the
> servers, if the corruption will sync over.  The hardware is a dell scsi
> storage vault connected to a dell 2650 running 2.6.8-2/debian with drbd

nope.

> 7.  Any ideas or suggesttions???  Extended downtime for fsck is my last
> option :-(  Also I checked my partitions and the LVM volume has 1G more
> space then the reiserfs on top of it (ie drbd has 1GB for meta info)

according to the oopses,
you run kernel 2.6.12.2, which is affected by the bio_clone kernel bug,
which will corrupt data. in case you run on md, and you happen to have
your swap on md, too, you corrupt memory as well.
references to the kernel bug recently posted on this list.
so if you take a down time, make sure you update the kernel, too!