[DRBD-user] deadlock? NFS export DRBD on loop device on tmpfs

HIROSE, Masaaki hirose31 at t3.rim.or.jp
Fri Aug 5 14:54:46 CEST 2005

Hello,

Thanks for reply.

Additionaly question and ask advice.

1 Why DRBD deadlock on loopback device? Does fsync() cause deadlock?

2 Is there any idea that DRBD on huge (1G-12GB) memory base device?

  NG tmpfs   - tmpfs is not block device.
  NG ramfs   - ramfs is not block device.
  NG ramdisk - too small. (up to 512MB x 16 devices?)

  NG loseup + tmpfs - cause deadlock.
  NG loseup + ramfs - cause deadlock.

  ?? LVM + many ramdisk - create big block device with join many
                          ramdisk(/dev/ramX).
  ?? MD  + many ramdisk - ditto.

  ?? other idea??

in "Re: [DRBD-user] deadlock? NFS export DRBD on loop device on tmpfs"
   <20050804053619.GA13037 at barkeeper1.linbit>
at Thu, 4 Aug 2005 07:36:19 +0200,

--
HIROSE, Masaaki