[DRBD-user] Questions to get DRBD + Hearbeat to work

Bernd Schubert bernd-schubert at gmx.de
Mon Aug 1 19:17:31 CEST 2005

Hello Rainer,

> version: 0.7.6 (api:77/proto:74)
> SVN Revision: 1663 build by root at aztec.corp.xinit.com, 2005-03-08
> 13:59:43
>  0: cs:Connected st:Primary/Secondary ld:Consistent
>     ns:0 nr:0 dw:0 dr:0 al:0 bm:0 lo:0 pe:0 ua:0 ap:0

so drbd already seems to work.

> My question now: I am not able to
>
> a) put a filesystem on /dev/drbd0
> b) mount /dev/drbd0 on /mnt/disk

What happens if you try to create a filesystem on /dev/drbd0? Please also post
the appropriate lines from your systen.

> thus c) not being able to see any working mirrors.
>
> Is there a newby Howto that explains in simple steps the setup
> configuration?

Hmm, on the first view your setup looks reasonable, but it never hurts reading
documentation ;) E.g. http://linux-ha.org/DRBD_2fHowTo

Cheers,
	Bernd

--