[DRBD-user] drbd ext3fs error

Lars Ellenberg Lars.Ellenberg at linbit.com
Fri Apr 29 21:34:23 CEST 2005

/ 2005-04-29 13:38:24 -0300
\ Sandra:
> Hi,
>
>    We need some help, please!
>    Two weeks ago we had to upgrade a master hardware, from master-slave drbd and heartbeat installation, because of performance
> problems.
> The new hardware received a copy from the old master, operating system and data, because we didn't have time to upgrade all
> the software. Then a drbd error starts to occur , after 4 days of the migration.
>    Our drbd version is 0.6.10 on both machines, with Fedora Core 1, using LVM.
>    The problem occurs with  only one drbd device , the biggest one (drbd0 with 128G).
>    We have looked for information on the Internet (drbd list, fedora list, etc), and have tried some hints like fsck and mkfs
> again on the
> drbd file system with problem. But nothing has helped us.
>    If you can give us some clues, please we will be glad.
>    Thanks.
>
> Sandra

my first guess is: hardware write cache.
turn it off.

http://sr5tech.com/write_back_cache_experiments.htm

also, in case your kernel is sort-of-old, it may be it does not handle
your new hardware correctly, so try upgrading the kernel.

maybe its just a hardware problem, bad memory, bad disk...
yes, happens all the time. new boxes, old boxes, all the same.

I would be very surprised if it was a drbd related problem.

	Lars Ellenberg