[DRBD-user] To partition or not to partition that is...

Francesco De Rose fdr at nic-nac-project.de
Fri Apr 29 16:25:15 CEST 2005

Hi there!

I happen to have a whole scsi disk on each cluster node, which is going
to completely be managed by drbd.

What I was wondering is whether it is better not to partition the disk
and use
        disk	/dev/sdb1
        meta-disk internal

or going for a
        disk	/dev/sdb
        meta-disk internal

or something else, maybe multiple partitions, one for meta-disk and the
other for actual data.

I'm sure that the second solution works (that's what I'm using) but I'm
not sure about which choice is better as for
performance/availability/etc.

What do you think?

Thanks,

	Francesco