[DRBD-user] Where is drbd for debian?

Helmut Wollmersdorfer helmut.wollmersdorfer at gmx.at
Fri Apr 29 14:56:02 CEST 2005

Kee Gohil wrote:

> deb ftp://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ sarge main
> deb-src ftp://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ sarge main

> I do apt-get update

> but "apt-cache search drbd"  returns nothing.

Sorry, I didn't look into http://packages.qa.debian.org/d/drbd.html.

The actual situation is, that the Debian release team claims a serious
policy violation, which means severity = release critical bug.

Thus DRBD was pushed back from Sarge to unstable.

Don't be afraid, DRBD 0.7.10 itself is very stable. The above bug is
only related to the strong quality rules of Debian release management.
Point your sources.list to unstable (or wait until the bug is resolved).

Helmut Wollmersdorfer