[DRBD-user] drbd test

Leroy van Logchem leroy.vanlogchem at wldelft.nl
Wed Apr 27 09:43:53 CEST 2005

Hegedus Gabor wrote:

> How can I test the drbd system? I mean, eg a disk faulire, network
> faulire?

Disk failures, well the manpage tells:
    on-io-error handler
             handler is taken, if the lower level device reports
io-error to the upper layers.
             handler may be pass_on, panic, or detach.
             pass_on: Report the io-error to the upper layers. On
Primary report it to the mounted file system. On Secondary ignore it.
             panic: The node leaves the cluster by doing a kernel panic.
             detach: The node drops its low level device, and continues
in disk less mode.

Yesterday one of my scsi cabinets got busfree errors and drbd detached
it and became a disklessclient. This is the default behaviour.
Network failures can be simulated by adding deny rule using iptables or
if you use a dedicated interface for the replication just ifdown.

-- Leroy