[DRBD-user] DRBD on Single Node

Lars Marowsky-Bree lmb at suse.de
Tue Apr 26 23:03:49 CEST 2005

On 2005-04-26T22:14:48, Lars Ellenberg <Lars.Ellenberg at linbit.com> wrote:

> for testing purposes you want to use UML (user mode linux virtual
> machines).

Actually right now what you want to use for that is Xen, as far as I am
told. It's substantially faster than UML.

> to mirror a block device on one node via its loopback network device to
> an other block device on the same node... use software raid (dm/md).

The dm-mirror is apparently a bit unstable. For RAID, use the md
framework.

For multipathing and logical volume mapping, use Device Mapper.

Sincerely,
    Lars Marowsky-Brée <lmb at suse.de>

--
High Availability & Clustering